Friday, December 7, 2007

A GIRL IN ME

I am not shut indoors,
The world opens before me
There may not be any rules
But I am not let to openly feel
None can see the invisible chains
Binding a girl from life so free
Arguments arise that women can’t be girls,
Hey! But there’s still a girl in me.

I may not long for pigtails or pet dogs,
May not even wish to fly high with the kites,
No big dreams of bungalows & cars
& Long back left behind, the fun of counting the stars
But, there’s a burning urge inside,
To run barefoot in the pouring rain
Forgetting all problems & pain,
To laugh out loud and to have fun,
To remember everyone who touched my life
And gave me strength to move ahead
If this means, I can’t be a woman
Then, Yes! There’s still a girl in me.

For long, we were not let to express ourselves,
Had to withdraw our feelings & suppress our desires
Tending to your needs, helping your careers,
Grooming your kids but forgetting about selves,
But friend! You forget that we too need our space,
We can’t always be the emotional race,
Because, in every mother, sister, wife & daughter
There’s still a girl inside.

No comments: