Friday, December 7, 2007

Living With Your Memories

I was walking in the gloom,
Seemingly alone on the beach
My eyes let the tears bloom,
As you were painfully out of reach

You seem to be with me all the while,
But never in truth, never to be real
All the words & voices appear to have become mute
And the unspoken feelings, much too cruel.

Flooding memories rush back in time,
In every moment awake & every dream in sleep
Yet, I have no physical recollection to hold on to,
And that you were never mine makes me weep

Your absence now, makes me go mad,
And I am really confused about what we actually had
We trusted it was more than friendship that we shared,
And, missing you this way, is making me sad

I really don’t know what I feel inside
And this hurt makes my heart go weak
My emotions, somewhere I have displaced
There are so many questions, and answers I seek

Was I a mere vacation for you?
While you entertained your heart & mine
Once again I am stuck wondering why?
Walking alone in the dark, wanting to cry

I long for a little word from you
Waiting by the phone, that never rings with your call
I wanted you to be next to me, holding my hand
But I should have caught myself, when I knew I would fall

Hopes of tomorrow seems to be fading
And my today is packed with grief
I am merely living with your memories
Even though the time we shared is so brief !!!

No comments: