Monday, December 10, 2007

What took you so long?????

Written almost 4 years ago.... this particular poem has two versions.. the other one is also somewhere in the archives..

My days seem to be filled with your thoughts
While the nights just pass by, full of your dreams
The love that was probably asleep in me,
Seems to be awakened, when you walked into my life

The engulfing silence when I sit alone with you
The breeze that caresses, when I am walking with you
The blush in my face that I try to hide from you
Everything adds up to the pleasures of being in love with you

The way you hold my hand, when in crowd
The way you smile when I smile at you
Your guiding words, when I seem to be lost
Will always make me wonder about the feelings that grew

Memories just flood over, as the moon raises overhead
The soft flicker of the stars spread the glow over me
But will my nights or days ever be the same again?
As I sit back and remember all the sweet things you did for me

The initial steps back, probably confirmed,
That one-day soon, together we would belong
May be it was all just waiting to happen,
But then, what took you so long???

No comments: